We all have secrets… These are not secrets but these are things you’ll probably only get out of me after we have had 20+ conversations.
1. I went to school in New Zealand for a week while we were visiting friends for 2 months. They didn’t wear shoes and I discovered water fountains (and the fear of the lergy you can catch from them), Hungry Hungry Hippos game, the Smurfs and raisins! (I was 6)
2. We hired mopeds on a family holiday to Rhodes when I was 16 and a car pulled out in front of us, we turned sharply to avoid a collision and ended up sliding along the road. I got surface burns and a lovely old lady ran out to us and helped us into her house and then squirted my wounds with hydrogen peroxide! Ouch!
3. One of my most favourite places in the whole world (so far) is the World Showcase in Epcot, Walt Disney World, Florida. I just love every inch of this. When my children were younger (and my 3rd wasn’t born) we got a Disney passport and travelled into each country experiencing encounters with people from the county, traditional food and drink from the country there was so much to learn about each place…and I just loved everything about it. My now 14 year old says she can’t remember going… We need to go back! Now! Please?
4. I have 13 tattoos. Not all of them mean something, and not all of them I like. My tattoos that I do like, which coincidentally are the tattoos that mean something to me. The tattoos represent:
My dad, my children and stepchildren, my mum and my brother and our childhood. My husband. My love for the Harry Potter books, Autumn, and owls. And one is a tribute to an act of true love I saw once upon a time (in a Disney film).
If I were to ever give advice on tattoos it would be this: Never pick a tattoo because you like the look of it, or because it’s cool, or because you had £10 left from your birthday money and you just so happened to be passing a tattoo parlour and wanted to buy something that would last FOREVER! NEVER do that. EVER. YOU WILL REGRET IT!
My favourite tattoo is the tattoo that represents my dad. I see it every day and think of him.
5. I am fascinated by the history of life and how people lived. Why they did things a certain way, the words they used and traditions, both here in the UK and in Europe. But my interest isnt just in the history, its in the now too. I love to learn about cultures and religions, and I think I am so interested in this because I have a need to understand people.
So here are my 5. When you come face to face with choosing to make this list it can be quite difficult to decide what to choose as your 5.
Tell me your 5 favourite words and I will tell you mine 😉